Friday, January 21, 2011

And Counting

We're at Day 17 of my psychoallergenic diet and counting here - emphasis on the 'and counting' because I think it's going really well.

I'm finding lots of recipes - and DELICIOUS recipes - and while it's a lot of work, there is huge payoff there. I'm actually slamming together a blog of the recipes we've tried and enjoyed so far, both to help me stay organized and to maybe help someone else out there who's trying to eat this way. Stay tuned.

I am NOT one to blog about my weight, but I have to say that it's looking like a little bit of weight loss might be the icing on the cake (pardon the pun) in this situation. I've been eating more than usual - bigger portion sizes, more snacks, less attention to calories (ahem NO attention to calories) - just sticking with my list of foods I can eat and food I can't eat. And I've lost 4.5 pounds in 17 days. And I've been too flared up to exercise other than Briony's weekly toddler dance class and one fifteen-minute yoga session last week. If I've confided in you about my weight loss challenges post-baby before, you'll know that this is HUGE.

My energy level has been in the toilet since I started this, but I've been feeling tiny glimmers of hope over the last handful of days... I think that energy kick I've been expecting is coming soon. I CAN'T WAIT.

Day 17 is also EXACTLY the halfway mark between starting this on my own and beginning the accompanying acupuncture treatments that are supposed to go alongside my freaky eating.

In any case, I'm here and I'm carrying on...

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At January 21, 2011 12:59 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Good results from a big challenge/change:)

 
At January 21, 2011 4:04 PM, Blogger Elleah said...

Looking forward to some of those recipes!

 
At January 21, 2011 8:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Way to go! I'm so impressed that you're sticking with it - I SUCK at changing my cookie-loving ways. But then, you have a pretty good reason to change. :)

 
At January 22, 2011 8:19 PM, Blogger John Rambo's Wife said...

Way to go. You are really amazing! I echo Elleah as well. Recipes would be awesome but then again it isn't really fair for you to do all the work of finding and trying the recipes and for me to just snag them!

 
At January 24, 2011 3:12 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see what kind of recipes you've tried out!

Your stick-to-itiveness is inspiring Lindsay! Keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home