Friday, January 14, 2011

Upside Down

I did NOT want to sit around and mope today. Okay, wait. That's not true... I TOTALLY DO, I'm just choosing not to. Anyway. Briony + I turned the great big frown that was this morning upside down and hauled out some paint and brushes for the first time in her two years + two months on the planet.

I didn't know what I had been saving it for. I know now that I was saving it for TODAY.

The result was kind of extraordinary... This kiddo got her Picasso on for an hour and a half before lunchtime. She had SO much fun. And you know what? I did too, just being around that kind of pure, unfiltered JOY :)




Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At January 14, 2011 5:03 PM, Anonymous Momma said...

Oh, I love it! Grandma needs that picture to hang up on her fridge :) And on the walls, and on the fireplace, and on the cabinets and...keep her painting! I have lots of wall space. That looks like a great way to spend a morning.Glad you chose to have a good day even if you didn't feel like it. B is so blessed to have you for a mommy.

 
At January 14, 2011 7:42 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Amen - great Mommy:) Glad she enjoyed it so much.

 
At January 14, 2011 7:57 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Hey, easy Grandmas...I asked Briony for one in person, and she said yes...so I think MY walls will need some paintings too :) haha

It was absolutely WONDERFUL to see her so happy and playful today Lindsay, you are a great mom, and that's just one teeny tiny way it shows.

 
At January 15, 2011 12:25 PM, Anonymous Rob said...

All you greedy girls wanting free paintings from the artist...
Lindsay, you should post them on e-bay. It already sounds like you'll have a few anxious bidders for them. They sound determined too, the bidding could get high!

;)

 
At January 19, 2011 1:06 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

I think Rob may be onto something... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home