Monday, January 17, 2011

Randoms

I made Pumpkin Spice Muffins today. Without gluten, dairy, or refined sugar. And they're actually pretty good. You may bow down and worship me now.

Our beloved babysitter Katie has her arm in a cast, and I *may* have momentarily panicked when I got her text. Which is hilarious, because her original text was immediately followed by a second text that said LINDSAY, DO NOT PANIC. Am I so transparent + predictable? :)

My parents are chock full of awesome. They went grocery shopping last week and stocked up on things like vegan butter and honey and organic brown rice so that I can come and visit - and eat while I'm there. I can't even find words to describe how much it means to have them supporting this freaky eating thing I'm doing right now.

I had to un-follow a bunch of girls on Twitter this week - fellow chronic illness babes who were just WAY TOO NEGATIVE. All the time. Yikes. I totally understand how hard it can be, but I still believe that life is more good than not and I just don't want to dwell on the 'not.'

Remember the creativity course I took this past fall and was all fired up about? Well, real life reared its ugly head and I didn't end up finishing due to flare ups and client deadlines and just general ickiness. The artist who runs the course knew this and offered me a spot in the class re-run this winter - for free. Is that not the coolest thing EVER? I sobbed when I got her email. Just finished my first assignment (again) and I'm SO EXCITED for a second chance.

Two separate people have attempted to headhunt me for high level marketing jobs this month. Of course, they're full time and I needed to say no. But talk about a boost in self-confidence :)

Briony called me Lindsay today for the first time ever. She's been occasionally calling Geoff 'Geoff' for a loooong time, but it took her this long to attempt 'Lindsay'-ing me. And so it begins.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At January 18, 2011 10:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hehe - my mom actually TAUGHT Scarlett to call me Kari-Ann (they yell it in the car when they were getting close to our meeting point when she's got a weekend at granny's). She thinks it's HILARIOUS.

Perhaps it payback because I refer to her as "Donna" more than "Mom"? Amanda took a long time to figure out that she is indeed my birth mother, and I do indeed still refer to her as Donna. Unless I want something, of course. :)

 
At January 19, 2011 1:04 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

It IS kind of hilarious... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home