Monday, January 17, 2011

Blogger's Block

I have a severe case of blogger's block. I don't know what's going on. And I felt pretty lame about the whole thing - because I'm supposedly a WRITER - until I read Lenore's lovely post today and realized that I am not alone in this. And she's inspired me to just write my way through it, even if that means some weaker posts for a little while.

There's so much going on, so it's not a lack of things to talk about. And I'm rarely at a loss for words. I'm just in a place where I'm feeling quieter and more introspective than usual, and I don't think it's a bad thing. Maybe it's a January thing? In any case, I'm tackling lots of things around the house that have needed doing for a long time, and it's been good for my soul. In the last couple of weeks, Geoff has helped me tackle our most dreaded cupboards and installed new pull-out baskets in them so I can actually access everything I need to (even on flared up days). I brought a giant bin of Briony's old clothes for consignment and I have another that I need to bring tomorrow. I picked up a bunch of clear containers to help organize Briony's toys a little better.

I'm not used to spending this much time at home, so I'm REALLY noticing the things that make our home more house-like. So I'm slowly but surely implementing better organizational systems in other cluttered areas of our house. And it's helping. I just wish I had the energy and a clear schedule to just GET IT DONE.

Patience has never been my strong suit.

Beginning ridiculously large projects with superhuman gusto and unhealthy doses of optimism? Yes, that sounds more Lindsay-like :)

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At January 17, 2011 2:23 PM, Blogger Aaron Scott said...

The funny thing is, you still blog 10x more than anyone else I know. I have to fight to keep up with MONTHLY updates.

 
At January 19, 2011 1:05 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

It might have a little something to do with the fact that I'm a writer. This feels like pathetic output for someone who thinks and feels in words.

But thanks :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home