Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Thank You

Today's big goal was to START organizing our office. Hey, if I'm going to work here again, I require significantly less clutter and chaos. And possibly some yellow accents. But that's a project for after all this filing is finished.

I had some music to keep me company, and a few old favourites came on - some mid-90s awesomeness from my girls Lisa Loeb, Natalie Merchant, and OF COURSE The Cranberries (old stuff because everyone knows the last couple of albums were seriously subpar) - and then this piece of FABULOUS that is still one of my all-time favourite songs.

It made me smile. I like that it fit me then, and it still kind of fits me now. That tells me that there's some fundamental truth in it that matches up with my essential Lindsayness. And that's why music sometimes gives me goosebumps.

-

My tea's gone cold, I'm wondering why
I got out of bed at all
The morning rain clouds up my window
and I can't see at all
And even if I could it'd all be grey,
but your picture on my wall
It reminds me that it's not so bad,
it's not so bad

I drank too much last night, got bills to pay,
my head just feels in pain
I missed the bus and there'll be hell today,
I'm late for work again
And even if I'm there, they'll all imply
that I might not last the day
And then you call me and it's not so bad,
it's not so bad and

I want to thank you
for giving me the best day of my life
Oh just to be with you
is having the best day of my life

Push the door, I'm home at last
and I'm soaking through and through
Then you hand me a towel
and all I see is you
And even if my house falls down,
I wouldn't have a clue
Because you're near me and

I want to thank you
for giving me the best day of my life
Oh just to be with you
is having the best day of my life

'Thank You' - Dido

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At January 18, 2011 8:34 PM, Blogger Danae said...

mmmm, Dido :) 'Here With Me' is my fave, I could play it on repeat for hours.

 
At January 19, 2011 1:03 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

That's a great one too!

 
At January 20, 2011 2:50 PM, Blogger John Rambo's Wife said...

Dido is one of my favourites as well. I love that song.

 
At September 07, 2016 5:19 PM, Blogger hailey said...

Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

Thanks!
Hailey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home