Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekend Update: Lake Edition

Ahh. I'm back at work today after enjoying a fabulous, lazy weekend at the lake with my parents (and Geoff on Saturday). We really didn't do much - a couple of walks, some visiting with people, half a book's worth of reading, a little bit of television-watching when the CBC was broadcasting any significant Olympic events or updates. Mostly, we just spent time together and enjoyed good food and food conversation.

It was just what the doctor ordered. I'm feeling significantly better than I was last week - not a miraculous recovery by any means, but I'm better. I'd put it at around 50%, which took down my pain and stiffness enough that even though I'm still walking a little more slowly than usual, I'm not doing that signature flareup waddle anymore.

My mom seems to be over the worst of Chemo Round #3, which was nice to see. She's still on the mend, but I could tell that she was starting to feel a little bit better - a relief, after a really tough week last week. And now the whole game changes again, because her last three rounds of chemo (starting September 2) will use different drugs than the first three. I think we're all working really hard to focus on today, and not worry about what comes next.

My dad drove me home last night, in time for me to do some necessary stuff for work while Geoff and I watched the Obama / McCain interviews with Rick Warren. Fascinating stuff that I'll write about later if I can find the time.

And with that, we're into another work week. Counting this week, I only have eight more to go - can you believe it?! I still can't really wrap my head around the whole mat leave thing - I guess we'll figure it out when we get there. It's just so strange. I've been working Monday to Friday in a very busy office for a long, long time...

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At August 18, 2008 12:51 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

I'm so glad you had a restful weekend. Have a great week Lindsay!

 
At August 19, 2008 11:17 PM, Blogger ka said...

On behalf of someone else who's worked Mon-Fri for a very, very long time, let me just say this... It's VERY easy to adjust. Seriously. I never understood why all my mom friends plotted on how NOT to go back to work. And now I do the EXACT same thing...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home