Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday Smile

Today, I'm hard at work thinking up hundreds of ideas for random acts of kindness. Seriously. I have the best job in the world.

All this has me thinking back about nice things that people have done for me that made me smile. Most of them are small... Things like giving me a quarter for a shopping cart, paying for my coffee ahead of me in the drive-thru, plugging my parking metre when it's running low. But it sure doesn't take much to totally turn someone's day around. It's kind of amazing that such small gestures can have such a huge impact. Makes you think, doesn't it?

How 'bout you? What's the nicest 'random act of kindness' you can remember receiving?

Labels:

5 Comments:

At August 15, 2008 12:33 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Hmmm . . . not sure if this is random enough but . . . when Jobina and I were on our honeymoon in the Whiteshell we went out for dinner at a steakhouse. We thought it would be fun to overdress so we dressed up really nice (I actually wore a suit) and had a great time. I guess we stood out a little bit and so some older folks who were also in the restaurant asked their waiter (who was our waiter) what the occasion was. The waiter told them that we were on our honeymoon. These people happened to be celebrating their own anniversary and so they paid for our entire meal! Very cool experience, we were very blessed.

 
At August 15, 2008 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lady made a lovely dress for me and told me to pass it on. I guess I must have lacked a bit of style having just returned from overseas?!

 
At August 15, 2008 3:41 PM, Blogger Danae said...

well, this probably isn't the best one, but now that i am carting a stroller everywhere i always get people holding the door open for us... which i think is really nice!

 
At August 15, 2008 5:04 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

When the tree mover guy moved my Mom's apple tree for free. Such a blessing! (Great post, by the way!)

 
At August 16, 2008 9:31 AM, Blogger JoJo said...

I posted about mine. Actually called it Random act of kindness. For a laugh, read the next one too, on how i tried to pay it forward.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home