Friday, August 15, 2008

The Weekend Is Here!

Woohoo! The weekend! I made it... :)

It's been a long haul this week. I'm still in a lot of pain, and I'm still dealing with a constant low-grade fever - that seems to spike in the late afternoon / early evening, which is very normal for me. I'm still scared, but I'm doing my best not to worry - a delicate balance that has allowed me to retain my sanity over the past eight days (mostly).

But tomorrow morning, Geoff and I are off to the lake with no plans at all other than to enjoy our forecasted 30 degree sunshiny weather and hang out with my parents. I am *so* looking forward to this.

And a couple of bonus little reasons to smile:

These flowers were sitting on my dining room table last night, compliments of my husband who is way more incredible to me than I deserve - for no reason whatsoever (that I know of... hehe).




I told myself that once we knew what we were having, I would justify one completely impractical clothing purchase. I know that there is lots of baby gift-giving likely to come - and that Baby will probably live in simple, ultra-washable onesies for most of her first couple of months - but I wanted to make sure that I had one extra-special outfit that I picked especially for my baby girl. And this is it :)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At August 15, 2008 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that outfit rates a 'Giselda' name!

 
At August 15, 2008 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have a lovely weekend at the lake!

And I LOVE that outfit! Makes me want to have another baby to dress up all cute again. But I think dressing your little girl will be almost as satisfying (and less work for me). : )

 
At August 15, 2008 11:09 PM, Blogger Charlene said...

So CUTE!! I hope that the flowers and the cute baby outfit made your week a little better. hope relaxing at the lake helps with your symptoms....you are still in our thoughts and prayers!

 
At August 18, 2008 10:52 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

Very cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home