Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Rainy Day Project

It was an early, rainy morning at the Wright household.

My Dad and Steve (my uncle) were at our place at 07.30 this morning to do a walk around the house with Geoff and plan out their projects and required materials for the day. Then we all headed out to breakfast before I went to work and they headed to Home Depot to start their very manly day.

Today is fix-up day at our house, prepping the exterior to receive a couple of coats of ceramic stucco coating (in a pretty colour) later this month. It's an extreme home makeover, Geoff and Lindsay style. I am so excited... We chose a colour that I'm really happy with, and once the trim is repainted - it's going to look awesome.

The exterior was really the only part of our house that we weren't happy with when we bought it. All we've had to do since we moved in was paint three rooms to colours that better suited us and add a few appliances to the kitchen. So this seems like a big project... But I know how lucky we are to get away with putting so little into such an old character home.

And now I'm starting to dream about our yard's potential next summer... Here's hoping Baby likes hanging out on the back deck so that I can tackle a few of those projects while I'm off work.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At August 12, 2008 10:51 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

What colour did you pick?

 
At August 12, 2008 11:18 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

The colour is called Mountain Road. It's medium-dark and kind of grey/green - one of those earthy-looking non-colours. And then we're doing a white trim.

I have visions of a glossy dark midnight blue front door and natural stone around the flower beds... But those might be projects for next summer - along with my garden plot :)

I'm psyched about the stucco coating, in a totally nerdy kind of way. It's totally maintenance-free, and increases our house's energy efficiency - it's supposed to be the equivalent of spraying in 3 or 4 inches of foam insulation. We'll see...

 
At August 12, 2008 11:35 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

ooo, sounds awesome. I love earthy colours. And the door and stone combo sound delicious.

 
At August 12, 2008 11:59 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Oooh, sounds great Lindsay! Can't wait to see the house when it's done - and I'm jealous of you having a yard to work on!

Side note (totally unrelated) - I love how the babytracker baby is now punching, haha. It looks like a little jab/cross combo! Tough little girl...

 
At August 12, 2008 2:55 PM, Blogger gloria said...

buy a snugglie-type baby hammock, baby girl can hang out on your back while you garden

colors sound fantastic

 
At August 12, 2008 3:14 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Thanks! I'm so proud of myself for choosing colours without consulting our designers at work - hehe :)

 
At August 13, 2008 1:07 PM, Blogger Elleah said...

That's great! We are in the process of finishing our basement right now, so it's exciting and rewarding to see great changes being made to the house you live in!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home