Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Training Day

Today was the day I planned to start training for my 10K. The formal training doesn't start until August 31, but I need to be able to run a mile by then... And I can't run a mile. Not even close.

I woke up this morning and the sun was streaming in through my window. I lay there and smiled as I thought to myself, 'What a perfect day to begin training!' I lay there for a minute or two and imagined myself running across the finish line four and a half months from now. And then I began my morning ritual of wiggling all of my limbs and extremities in turn, trying to assess the damage. Ooh... Not good.

It's one of those days where I wanted to cry. I want to run a 10K to raise money for The Arthritis Society that will find treatments for this disease - or a cure. You'd imagine that the universe would be going out of its way to help me accomplish this goal. But alas, that's not the way the universe works.

And because I understand that, I didn't cry. I got up, got dressed, and went to work. I went to work in my comfy shoes, so that I can go on a nice long walk during my lunch break. Because I can still walk - and not being able to run today is not a reason to sit and feel sorry for myself.

And I'll try again tomorrow.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At June 26, 2007 9:54 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Good for you for the good attitude! You're going to do great. And yes, tomorrow is another day. I'll pray that all your limbs and joints work properly for you to accomplish your training.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home