Friday, June 15, 2007

Destruction of Zen

(updated @ 17.02)

I swore I wouldn't cry about this wedding. And I don't know if it's just the wedding, or - more likely - the culmination of every single emotion I've been feeling this week. But I got a phone call today from my dress store to let me know that they (the manufacturer) discontinued my wedding dress.

After a couple of tears, lunch with my incredibly supportive and sympathetic fiance, two phone calls with my mom, and a couple of conversations with the store, it looks like Plan B will be okay. I had a dress that I liked *almost* as much, and they will be paying the extra fee for a rush cut on it. They are also going to make a call on Monday to cancel the bridesmaid dresses that were specially selected to be a perfect complement to my Plan A dress. Which means that I need to go there on Monday after work and make a final decision that my Plan B will be okay as my New Plan A, and pick - and order on the spot - a new bridesmaid dress that works as a perfect complement to the Plan B / New Plan A wedding dress.

Did that make sense? :)

I know it's ridiculous and that I over-reacted. At the end of the day on September 30, I am going to be married to Geoff. The details of how exactly that happens are not important in the grand scheme of life, the universe, and everything. But I'm a perfectionist. And I NEED to feel like a superfox in my dress. And I NEED for my girls to feel like superfoxettes in theirs. I love them, and they are fabulous, and I want to make sure that their dresses are just as special as mine.

Anyway. I am off to the lake with my mom for some serious girl time and R&R. With any luck, the entire world will seem a little bit more manageable when I return.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At June 15, 2007 1:12 PM, Blogger Erin said...

What? Yikes! Hope it all gets sorted out.

 
At June 15, 2007 4:25 PM, Blogger gloria said...

Shut UP! Dude, that sooooo sucks!

I volunteer Bran to sew an identical dress to the one you wanted.

 
At June 15, 2007 10:55 PM, Blogger it's a gong show... said...

Gloria, are you talking about me?? Mind you, I did buy a sewing machine at Essie's garage sale...how hard can sewing a wedding dress really be?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home