Monday, June 18, 2007

Weekend Update: Father's Day Edition

Oh, come on. I know you're all just falling over yourselves, wondering what I've been up to all weekend.

On Friday, I finished up a completely insane week at work - then rushed home to throw a couple of things in a bag, drove out to Niverville, and hopped into my mom's car. We spent Friday night (and all day Saturday) at Falcon Lake, which was really, really nice. We built a fire and sat outside for a little bit, then climbed into bed and watched a movie. Well, more like half a movie - we were both exhausted :)

Val and the girls joined us after lunch on Saturday and we spent the entire afternoon at the beach. Total shock to me that Saturday was considered 'beach weather' by ANYONE, but we had a lot of fun. Anica and Sophie spent hours in the freezing cold lake water, and Mady happily splashed around the shore (and chased a nearby puppy).

Yesterday was Father's Day, and I feel so bad that we never really seem to have time for MY dad. We had lunch with my dad's family and dinner with my mom's family, but we ended up just giving my dad his gift at the lunch thing - and our little family didn't really get to spend any real time together. I know that's just kind of how it goes (and I know I'm incredibly lucky to have grandfathers around to celebrate Father's Day with), but I think my dad is pretty incredible and I wish this special day was just a little bit more special for him every year.

After our Father's Day barbecue in the evening, the woman in my mom's family gathered to have a bridal shower for my soon-to-be new cousin-in-law, Erin. It was good to get to know her a little bit more. She's a lovely girl, and it will be great to add her to our (gigantic) family when she marries Chris on June 30.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home