Monday, June 25, 2007

Weekend Update: Nancy Drew Edition

The rest of my weekend was significantly less dramatic than my Saturday morning.

On Friday night, I helped Emily find an outfit and some accessories that made her feel like a capital-s uperfox for her cousin's wedding on Saturday. After that, we went to see 'Nancy Drew' - and ate popcorn for dinner. I love friends like that. The movie was okay - very pre-teen, and not very old school Nancy Drew-esque at all - but my undying love for all things Nancy Drew outweighed my 'they ruined it' snobbery by just a little. And so I deem it OKAY, with a little hesitation and just a tiny bit of heartbreak.

After Geoff's car show on Saturday (SO HOT! and that's just talking about the weather, because I really know absolutely nothing about cars), we stopped in at a coed bridal shower for friends of his, and then had a good old-fashioned movie date to go see 'Ocean's Thirteen.' I enjoyed it. A lot. It was just a great, simple, super-fun heist movie that was really easy to watch.

Yesterday, I went to church with Geoff for the first time since our engagement and we were swarmed by lots of old people who were very very happy for us - and a few younger people who were very very happy for us. Then we grabbed a few things and headed out to spend the rest of the day at the lake with my parents. The beach was unbearably hot, but the water was so cold that my leg muscles started spasming when I tried to be brave and go swimming. We went for a boat ride instead, which was really nice. And then had a great barbecue dinner, and headed for home. I'm so glad we went - it was super-relaxing, and a really great end to the weekend.

And now you're all caught up. The Boy is picking me up from work in a few minutes, then we're planning to start our gift registry this evening - which is a freakin' huge project for two people attempting to merge their households (and equally strong opinions on both aesthetics and functionality). And it's funny because we've both been living on our own for long enough that lots of the things we do have aren't really in great shape anymore. My 'stuff' has seen a full seven years of enjoyment, abuse, and - yep, I counted - ELEVEN roommates. Plus me. This shall be an exhausting excursion, to say the least... Especially after a very full day at work.

Still, it's an evening of 'shopping' without spending any money. I should just guzzle a Red Bull and enjoy the experience.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At June 25, 2007 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So now you have the blessing of the Bethel 'village'! Great!

 
At June 25, 2007 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wondering what the "Bethel" village means.....can you elaborate.

Maggie

 
At June 25, 2007 11:29 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Ah, Mags. You're curious as a cat :)

Geoff attends Bethel Mennonite Church - as did his family when they all lived in Winnipeg.

 
At June 26, 2007 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so want to know how gift registry-ing (hehehe) went...I definately know and sympathize with the HUGEness of that event! :-)

 
At June 26, 2007 10:42 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Alas, boys do not like wedding registries :)

Char - We made very good progress, but it was exhausting! Ridiculous, especially for a girl who considers shopping her cardio - I've been training for this all my life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home