Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Superfox Lives

Have I mentioned recently how much I love the store I picked for our wedding dresses? I'm working with Seventh Avenue Fashions on Academy, and Gina and Melina are absolutely amazing. I feel so calm when I'm there, and you just have this feeling that you're being very well taken care of.

They were incredible last night. I got a round of hugs and apologies when I got there, then they went right to work making sure that I found a fabulous new dress - one that doesn't feel like a compromise or a Plan B at all. It's the new Plan A. And we found a gorgeous bridesmaid dress to go with it. My mom and my sister met me there, and everything got ordered last night. It's all fixed, and I'm happy. I didn't realize how much it had affected me, but with all of that taken care of again - I feel really excited about the wedding again. It's all coming together, and it's going to be so great.

Oh, and I have preliminary invitation details taken care of. Chuck is designing them (which makes me incredibly happy), and a printer we work with often actually volunteered to print them for free.

And we're starting to make some honeymoon plans. We're planning a vacation for about a month after the wedding, which just totally feels right (beginning a month later, not a month long - LOL). That month will give us time to get settled in and recuperated from the wedding, and I think we'll have so much more fun. Right now, the tentative plan is to fly into Athens and spend a few days doing some sightseeing and running for Joints in Motion (the finish line is in the Olympic Stadium... how incredible is that?!) and then take a ferry over to Santorini and spend a few days on the beach. After that, we want to fly to London for a few days (my favourite city in the world...) - and then home again.

Amazing. It's so cool how things are falling into place, and how they're better than I imagined it could be. Is my utter contentment coming across in printed form? :)


The Olympic Stadium in Athens


Santorini

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At June 19, 2007 12:47 PM, Blogger gloria said...

YAY You again!

I am so glad things are working out for you again.

Hope you ordered in the right size of bridesmaid dress for meee!

 
At June 19, 2007 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Linds!
Can I say that I'm stoked for your wedding? I'm sure it's going to be a truly Royal affair. You're going to Athens for your honeymoon? Ok, can I say dream come true. I'm so happy for you and the blessings that are raining down on Geoff and you! I'm so happy that you've found the amazing man that God had picked for you. Hugs and happy wedding planning! Mel

 
At June 19, 2007 11:39 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Awww shucks. Thanks, girlies :)

 
At June 20, 2007 8:23 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Wow! It's amazing how everything is falling into place. You are going to have such an amazing day and honeymoon. I have a slight twinge of jealousy about your holiday : ) What a fabulous way to celebrate your new life together. You guys ARE blessed!

 
At June 20, 2007 2:54 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

ok, i am so jealous. Santorini? Could anything be more perfect?

so happy for you linds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home