Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Pilgrim Potluck 2009



In summary...

My turkey turned out perfectly. WHEW.

We ate lots of food, we got a little loud about the ending of the Grey Cup game, and we talked and laughed and just generally had a great evening.

I attempted *making* apple cider for the first time. Instead of just buying it and throwing it into my slow cooker, I combined stuff and then threw it in my slow cooker. It was sooo yummy. I'm totally making apple cider from now on.

I tried a new, slightly healthier sweet potato casserole recipe. It will be going into the permanent collection due to its awesomeness.

Briony developed an intense love of roasted bird flesh, and threw the closest thing I've ever seen to a tantrum when she ran out and noticed that the adults at the table had more that they weren't sharing with her.

Ten adults barely consumed one bottle of wine with dinner, which is possibly the weirdest phenomenon I've ever witnessed. It just wasn't that kind of evening. And we all had fun anyway. Go figure... hehe.

Kathy was healthy enough to come, which totally made my day :)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At December 02, 2009 8:41 AM, Blogger Jobina said...

...AND your table looks like something out of a magazine :o)

 
At December 02, 2009 11:44 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Sounds like SOMEONE has some recipes to share!! I've been wanting a good apple cider recipe, and why not just hand them all over :)

 
At December 03, 2009 9:59 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I agree with Heather!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home