Saturday, November 28, 2009

Unrelated

We're in the market for a new stroller for Briony. We're in love with the one we already have, but would like a second option - something smaller and more compact for running into the mall, travelling, etc. I think we found it today, at the grand opening of the new Lux for Sprouts location... I'm super excited. It's a sexy little stroller. Don't underestimate the importance of pretty baby stuff. I'm not very cool anymore, it's all I've got :)

Why did God give us gallbladders? Seriously. They barely serve a purpose and mine is THE THORN IN MY FLESH right now. I'm still waiting for a surgery date, and now it's sounding like it will be in the new year. In the meantime, I feel like utter crap every time I eat something. Dinner tonight - for the third night in a row - is looking like crackers. YUM. And even those will make me want to hurl. If I wanted to deal with this nonsense, I'd just get pregnant again.

Briony's been a maniac on her little toy cell phone this week. NOTE: I'm totally against toy cell phones for babies, but she got it as a gift (argh). She'll make it ring and then open it, say 'HI!' and then jabber away for the longest time. She drags it around with her everywhere. Those are some seriously long conversations. And every once in a while, the phone is apparently for me. She'll answer it, say a few words, and then hand it over so that I can talk on it. It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen, but incredibly cute. Once morning a few weeks ago, she was lounging in bed beside me and talking on her cell phone with one hand while drinking her bottle with the other. I looked over at Geoff like CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS KID when he gently pointed out that I was in bed beside her drinking Starbucks while checking email on my Blackberry. Okay. Point taken.

I'm totally wrapping some presents tonight. I saw at least ten snowflakes today, so it's time.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At November 28, 2009 4:29 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Ha Ha...you have a born mimic:)

 
At November 28, 2009 8:56 PM, Blogger ka said...

Mine is OBSESSED with her cell too. It was a gift from grandma (hey, at least she didn't teach her how to do stairs - 18 and a half months old and she stil asks to be delivered up or down :). Sometimes I think she's mocking me when she's on it. NOT COOL.

We put our tree up tonight (and are still married!!). If I wasn't so stinking busy with website orders I would be wrapping gifts as we speak. It's real, and it's HUGE! I love it. CANNOT WAIT to see my baby girl check it out tomorrow morning (here goes a month of "uh, uh, no touching!").

 

Post a Comment

<< Home