Wednesday, December 02, 2009

New Addition

Our decision finally made, Geoff + Briony + I stopped by Lux for Sprouts again today and ordered our new stroller. Don't get me wrong - we still LOVE LOVE LOVE our first one - but Briony's thisclose to outgrowing her infant car seat. And the whole travel system we've been using (affectionately referred to as The Beast) is serious overkill for the mall. Never mind air travel... I don't think our marriage can take another flight with The Beast in tow. But he will continue to serve us well when we're out for walks in the neighbourhood, at the lake, needing extra storage space for STUFF.

Anyway. It was time to find ourselves a convenience stroller. Our mission was to find something that was lighter, easier to get in and out of the trunk, easier to fly with, and a little bit smaller - there are stores we've literally been unable to browse because of The Beast's heftiness. We were not willing to entertain the idea of a straight-up umbrella stroller unless it could dazzle us with its ergonomics and smooth handling. I am simply not that able-bodied. Whatever we found had to WORK, first and foremost.

So without further ado... Allow me to introduce you to the Zapp. She's pretty, isn't she? :)



But that's not all... This online review - and then just getting to play with it in the store for a minute or two - means that the stroller essentially sells itself. This functionality is RIDICULOUS.



Yep, another Quinny. We were so impressed with the first one that I'm sure we were biased when stroller shopping this time around. Let's hope we're equally impressed.

It's on order, and I can hardly wait! It should be here before Christmas. Which is fitting, because it's totally Briony's Christmas gift. I know, I know... LAME PARENTS. But this girl does not need more toys, books, or clothes right now - and I'm sure that others will shower her with those types of gifts over the holidays because they certainly did on her birthday, oh, about ten seconds ago. We'll get a few small things for her still just because I'm a great big sucker for Christmas (and it's so much fun to watch her ooh and aah over presents), but this is the big plan that her therapist will hear ALL about later :)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At December 02, 2009 10:22 AM, Anonymous kendra said...

We have the Quinny Buzz and love it. Very nice pick!!!

 
At December 02, 2009 2:56 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

I wanna have more kids....jsut so I can have the stroller!!!

 
At December 02, 2009 3:53 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

I'm impressed!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home