Thursday, November 26, 2009

Family First Aid

I've booked a Family First Aid course at my house for Saturday, January 9 from 10 am to 12 noon. It's a two hour session taught by a registered nurse / Red Cross first aid instructor and will cover:
- Choking
- CPR
- "Does it need stitches?"
- Allergies and Anaphylaxis
- Poisons
- Fever
- Seizures
- "What medical advice to believe on the internet"

Participants will receive handouts, an emergency fridge magnet, and hands-on practice with CPR dolls, asthma puffers, and EpiPens.

The cost will be $20/person, and I need a minimum of four other parents (or grandparents, or babysitters, or anyone else who'd just like to feel a little safer when caring for little ones).

Let me know if you're interested!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At November 26, 2009 2:23 PM, Blogger kendra said...

Sign me up!!! Let me know when you need the money.

 
At November 26, 2009 3:46 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

What a great idea!

 
At November 26, 2009 3:49 PM, Blogger Elleah said...

I am very interested! I've actually been thinking about those things lately since a 10-month-old in the area died of choking last week-end.

 
At November 26, 2009 4:08 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Kendra - Awesome! I'll mark you down and email you with more info.

Marilyn - I know! I was so excited when I heard about it. I was actually registered to attend the same thing in December and was scrambling to find a babysitter so I could go, and then I found out that she charges the same to do private sessions. I'm really looking forward to it.

Elleah - Cool. Let me know when you decide for sure. (So sorry to hear about that other baby! What a sad story.)

 
At November 26, 2009 6:32 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

good idea - then maybe less people would come to the ER!!!

 
At November 26, 2009 9:29 PM, Blogger Elleah said...

Put me down as a yes. :) I really want to come!

 
At November 26, 2009 10:39 PM, Blogger Elleah said...

My Mom wants to come too, so you can put her down for a yes as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home