Friday, November 27, 2009

Friday Smile

It's been an effort to find 'smiles' in everyday life this week, but I'm determined to find some today as I recap the week that was and look forward to the weekend.

1. I'm grateful for this amazing weather. It sounds so cliche, but November has been incredible - still no snow to speak of, and lots of bonus opportunities to go for walks as a family and just enjoy being outside before the inevitable Manitoba winter kicks in.

2. It was a tough week with both Geoff and I working, but Katie was available to come and help an extra day. That makes all the difference in the world to me, and we're lucky to have it as an option.

3. Last weekend was amazing. It was so fun to have so many friends and family members stop by to wish our little princess a happy birthday and celebrate with us.

4. For some completely inexplicable reason, this week - which I'd completely written off and was feeling really down on myself about - was a good weight loss week. I lost two pounds, putting me about 2/3 of the way to my goal with a month to go.

5. This Sunday is our annual Pilgrim Potluck - basically, a bunch of friends all come together at our house and celebrate American Thanksgiving together (combined with Grey Cup again this year). Looking forward to amazing food and a house full of friends. It really doesn't get any better than that. (And there goes my two pound weight loss, hehe.)

6. I made it to yoga today for the first time in a couple of weeks. I hate that it doesn't always work in our schedule, but I'm grateful that it did today. After a good yoga class, I'm in a healthy place - especially psychologically, because it fills me with respect for my body and what it can do. It allows me to let go of the feelings that cause me to focus on everything I CAN'T do with a broken body and realize that - deep down - I'm still strong.

7. Briony, as always, is the bright spot in everything. She's been particularly funny this week, making up new little games to play with us and then giggling until she literally falls over and is just lying on the floor in hysterics. She's mastered the stairs. She's starting to answer 'yes' and 'no' to some questions. And she's starting to take 10 or 15 steps at a time behind her little walking toy. I am *so* proud of her.

8. I have a fabulous new logo for my freelance business in progress, with business cards and a functional website following soon. It's so exciting to see it all start to come together :)

9. I have a huge school project due on Sunday, and then I'm pretty close to finished this course. One left in April, and then by the end of July I'll be FINISHED and scheduled to graduate in Victoria in November. No idea if we'll actually make an appearance at the convocation or not - I didn't even go to my grad from the University of Winnipeg - but it sounds like a bunch of my online classmates might be planning to attend and then have a big graduation party for ourselves. I hope it happens, because it would be so great to meet the people I've been going to school with.

10. It's less than a month until Christmas! And around three weeks until Aaron + Cait come home for a visit. I think I might wrap some presents tonight...

I have a little bit of homework planned for tonight, and then I fully intend to just RELAX. It's been an intense week, and although I still have a massive to-do list left, I think that I need to pause and take care of Lindsay for a couple of hours. Wish me luck :)

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At November 27, 2009 7:47 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Grandmas need 'hysterical pictures':) Glad you made it through the week...it seemed unusually full.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home