Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sick + Tired

Wow. There is nothing like a sick baby to make you feel like a total failure as a mother.

There's nothing more I can do for her... And the nurses at Health Links confirmed that for me last night. Twice. (God, they must LOVE first-time moms, hehe). I haven't slept this little since I had a tiny newborn. Of course, we're still talking about Briony here - so although she was sick and awake for oh so much of last night, she was playing more than she was screaming. She even danced while I was changing her diaper at 5 am. She's a trooper. I'm just not quite so sure about her mommy.

Can I go back to my job in advertising now? I didn't mind the mommy stuff, but this nursing thing kind of sucks.

Actually, I *am* working. I've hit three deadlines today for clients (one that required a telephone interview) and have an assignment due for school in the morning. But don't be too impressed... I'm back to microwaving coffee. SIGH.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At October 22, 2009 8:20 PM, Anonymous Momma H. said...

Nobody's failing at anything here. She's a baby and babies get sick sometimes. You've just been incredibly blessed that she's been so healthy. That means she has an awesome immune system - thanks to your very good care. We will pray that she will get healthy quickly and that you and Geoff won't catch the bug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home