Thursday, October 15, 2009

No Good Very Bad

So I have two client meetings and a meeting with a business analyst at the Women's Enterprise Centre today. I also have a teething baby who is THIS CLOSE to cutting her next two teeth - I could see them poking through a little bit yesterday. I feel *so* lousy for leaving her when she's so obviously not herself right now.

And did I mention that I'm sick too? Doesn't really matter, I know. A mommy getting sick is like a tree falling in the forest. Except that I called MY mommy to complain about it :)

I know that I'm a good mom for going and doing my business thing, I know. But I'd be a good mom to stay and take care of her too. So the net result is that I feel like a terrible mom no matter what. UGH. Not even Starbucks (or Katie) can heal my wounded heart today.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At October 15, 2009 2:37 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Saw a neat Dr. Phil segment re working moms...I liked the reminding statement that 'it takes a village' to raise a child and your village is working:)

 
At October 15, 2009 3:40 PM, Anonymous Momma said...

Well put, Marilyn. B will survive and she's in very capable hands. Get over the guilt. Mom guilt is something we do to ourselves. It's not healthy and it's not productive. Get over it. We all know you are a VERY good mom.

 
At October 15, 2009 4:30 PM, Blogger ka said...

You know, I feel for people who've lost their moms about 6 times a day. Because some days that's how many times I phone MY mom to have some sort of a similar conversation (or to suggest that if she'd like to come pick up her granddaughter she can, so long as she brings the truck because she has a lot of crap she'll be taking when she moves out, ha ha).

You can't win, though. I'm not sure if you've heard your new middle name but it's GUILT. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home