Saturday, October 17, 2009

Week 2 Recap + Weigh In

Okay, so we've officially wrapped up Week Two of our Biggest Loser Challenge.


How's it going? It's going. Another tough week, but I'm proud of what I've accomplished. I did a bunch of extra walking - adventuring with B and walking to a few appointments instead of starting up the car. I branched out even farther and did my first private yoga class ever. Um, AMAZING. I'll never be content to sign up for a class again. The instructor has a masters in occupational therapy and was really great with showing me modifications that resulted in a 90 minute yoga practice that totally pushed me but left me feeling awesome after - and hardly stiff or sore at all the next day. LOVE LOVE LOVE.


Oh, and I survived Thanksgiving Dinner 1 of 3. Two more on their way this weekend...


Again, we're going to call it a good week. No earth-shattering results (like Shay on the *real* Biggest Loser who dropped an astonishing 16 pounds this week). But slow and steady wins the ability to wear non-stretchy pants :)


Short-Term Goals (Week Two):


1. Drink 2L of water every day.

I kept up with my trick of putting out a jug of water in the morning and working at it during the day - trying to use it to refill my water bottle when I'm heading out. Again, it's a HUGE challenge when I'm not at home... This will be a work in progress throughout the challenge, I'm guessing.


2. Be active in some way every day, even if it's only a walk around the block on a flare-up day.

I missed two days this week. Given the week that I had, I'm calling it a moderate success.


3. Start a folder of only healthy recipes that I can build on between now and Christmas. Find and try two new recipes this week.

Still researching and collecting... I made two different healthy soups this week - enough to freeze some for future meals. They both turned out perfectly, and will make great additions to my folder.


4. DO NOT STEP ON THE SCALE AT ALL until the end of the week.

I did once in between. It's all Geoff's fault.


5. Cut out caffeine after 4 pm.

I sucked at this. I will try harder next week. That's all I can really say about that.


New Goal for Next Week:

6. Eat breakfast 5 out of 6 days.


Weight Loss Progress (Week Two):


Goal: Lose 15 pounds between October 2 and December 23.


Lost This Week: 2.5


Progress to Date: 4 / 15

Labels:

5 Comments:

At October 17, 2009 7:44 AM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Umm, I'd say 3 pounds is a wicked amount of success - especially since you're now just shy of a third of the way to your goal. WAHOO! Keep it up girl and you'll be in need of some sweet new duds in no time :)

 
At October 17, 2009 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is wonderful-----3 lbs a week is huge.Keep going.GrandmaK

 
At October 17, 2009 2:18 PM, Blogger gloria said...

you are doing amazing Lindsay

 
At October 17, 2009 2:34 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Great work! I read recently that the half life of caffiene carries over for 24 hrs. So if you are trying to sleep better - only one early AM caffeine drink may work.

 
At October 20, 2009 12:20 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Way to go Lindsay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home