Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Duelling Tickers

So, friends, you'll notice on the right side of this blog that we have less than two weeks to go before baby's anticipated arrival. You'll also notice that we have eight days left until Lenny Kravitz. I'll remind you again that Geoff and I have SWEET Row One tickets to this show, and that Lenny Kravitz is absolutely the *other* love of my life.

Now, I feel like God understands that I'm already missing the Quantum of Solace opening AND the Chris Cornell with Timbaland concert in November (which, admittedly, caused a few tears at our house - I blame hormones combined with the awesomeness that is Chris Cornell). I feel like he *wants* me to go and have fun at this one last 'I'm not a mom QUITE yet' show. I also feel that my theology may be slightly flawed here :)

Anyway, it's time:
When do you think Baby Briony will make her appearance?
And how big do you think she'll be?


Guesses in the Comments section, please :)

And as a special thank you for voting... Here's Chris Cornell covering Billie Jean. Happy sigh (and a single crystal tear).

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At October 21, 2008 11:02 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Oooh, shoot - I can't remember my guess from the Kingshead!

I think I'm going to say you're having a girl on November 7, and she's going to be 8 pounds 2 ounces.

And um, by the way - where are all those assignments I gave you? ;) Glad to see you're doing well so far with your mat leave!

 
At October 21, 2008 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to be on the 'safe' side, I'm guessing November 14th and 7 3/4 lbs. By then, you'll be grateful to be unpregnant?)

 
At October 21, 2008 12:52 PM, Blogger ka said...

Well, first off, I'm going to guess it's a girl. Fingers crossed that I'm right! ;)

I'm saying one week late, so let's go with Nov 10. As for weight, let's say 8 lb 10 oz. Yes, I know that's "big" but I also don't give a rip what the doc's say. My ultrasound said Scarlett was 8 lbs 2 weeks before she was born. As you may recall, she came in barely over 7. Truth be told, I don't think size matters. It's all about the position and the epidural. ;)

Now, if you do make it to Lenny and rock out hard, Baby Briony may come earlier, but I still think she's going to be a bit late to show Momma who's really in charge now...

 
At October 21, 2008 5:35 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

I go with November 8th cuz it's my dad's b-day:) and weight 8 lbs 4 ounces

 
At October 21, 2008 6:00 PM, Blogger Danae said...

How about Nov. 11, so maybe she'll get a day off on her birthday when she is in school. and I'm gonna guess 8 lbs 1 oz.

 
At October 22, 2008 12:16 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

I'm saying you'll make the concert, and Lenny's grooves will get things kickstarted early -- labour starting the next day, with Briony born on Halloween. 7 pounds, 14 ounces, dressed up as one of those cute hobbits from The Fellowship of the Ring.

Sorry about Chris Cornell -- I'm a big fan, at least of his older Soundgarden stuff...although I decided it wasn't worth it to drive to Kamloops (three hour drive) to catch this tour. If I were you, I'd buy a ticket anyway -- perhaps this advice is not in What to Expect When You're Expecting, but new moms are allowed to go to concerts too. In fact, it should be required. Small venue too...yikes, that'll be great.

 
At October 22, 2008 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going with 7 lbs. 6 ounces which is what you were plus a bit (cuz you were early) and I think you're going to have her on a Sunday morning so Nov. 2nd sounds good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home