Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Kyle & Jill's Wedding

Not sure how it's possible that I'm *behind* on blogging when I'm technically unemployed, but that's what has happened. In any case... Saturday marked a rather auspicious occasion in the world of Cocoon: our beloved boss Kyle made things official with his girlfriend Jill, and the entire gang was on hand to celebrate.

It was a fun night, and kind of a cool way to say goodbye for now.


The wedding was at the Millennium Centre, which felt ever-so-slightly like a return to the scene of the crime - just one year and two weeks after Geoff and I had our wedding there. I still think it's a beautiful place for a wedding.


The happy couple, Kyle and Jill


Me and Christine


Me with Christine, Dolly, and Tara


Naturally, as with most Cocoon gatherings, things devolved into a Cocoon Dance Party...


...but this time - ready or not - the Dancing Machine was there to make his grand Cocoon Dance Party debut.


The Dancing Machine slows down long enough to dance with his highly pregnant wife (and poses for an obnoxious 'how awkward can we make this look?' photo).


A quick spin around the dance floor with Harold...


...while Dolly keeps my sheepish-looking husband entertained.


The crew stops for a short photo break - or at least half of us. I'd like to point out two things: first, how many chins we all have from this horrible photo angle, and secondly, how you can still see my face beyond my pregnant stomach. Go Lindsay!

Somehow, despite the whole nine-months-pregnant thing, I managed to dance for 3+ hours (granted, I was barefoot for most of it). But I didn't go into labour. Clearly, this baby's staying in there for a while... In the meantime, I hope she enjoyed her first Cocoon Dance Party experience - it might be the last one for a little while :)

PS - An extra-special shout out to all my girls who dug through their maternity wardrobes and managed to come up with at least ten dresses for me to pick from! Kari-Ann's won out, but it was awesome to have so many options.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At October 16, 2008 8:28 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Ok, where do I start? That pic of Geoff dancing - freakin' awesome!!!! Hilarious. Did you spike his punch? I've never seen him so animated. Love it!!! Next the picture of you dancing - also hilarious. Geoff just cracks me up. You looked hot by the way!

 
At October 16, 2008 9:29 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Unfortunately, Geoff doesn't drink. But he *has* earned his Dancing Machine nickname quite legitimately - I pretty much just stay out of his way, hehe :)

 
At October 16, 2008 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And his family has never seen him dance! It must be an 'other world' activity. You looked lovely and what a glad celebration to end work (for now):)

 
At October 22, 2008 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geoff looks like the Elvis Presley image.What do I know?Anyway he looks like a different guy from the one at Family gatherings. Eva

 

Post a Comment

<< Home