Saturday, October 18, 2008

Getting Comfortable

I had kind of an off day yesterday. I'm not going to analyze it too much - I am, after all, about a hundred months pregnant. I think that the issue is that I'm working to find my mat leave groove, without settling in *too* much because it's all going to change again soon. I do not enjoy change (understatement of the century - and that includes Tina Fey's Sarah Palin impersonations).

I think we're pretty much good to go now. I packed my hospital bag last night (I know, I put that off too long) and I have a *few* things left on my list. They're all things that I'd like to do, but I don't NEED to do. This afternoon, I booked myself a prenatal massage - which may have been the best decision I've ever made. Baby has definitely dropped a little lower this week, and my body's been working overtime to try to catch up and figure out how to balance this new displacement and shift in weight. After the massage, I feel comfortable in my own body again.

And that's about it! Nothing too fabulous and exciting here. Although I'm sure we could argue that late-term pregnancy is kind of exciting all on its own... There's a baby coming :)

Oh, and in relatively unrelated news, I *finally* got around to starting Barack Obama's 'The Audacity of Hope' - a book that's been on my list of a long time. Pretty cool stuff, so far. I'll let you know how it all turns out - hehe.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At October 18, 2008 2:46 PM, Blogger sherri said...

How are you liking the book? I have never wished to be American before, but I really want to vote...if only we could be American for a day - that's all I want - one day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home