Saturday, October 11, 2008

Day One

Well, I'm happy to report that the sun came up today, despite the fact that I DON'T HAVE A JOB. Apparently, it didn't get the memo.

I've been wandering listlessly around my house for almost an hour now - feeling like I should boot up my laptop and catch up on some emails, or maybe tackle a project that I'm not happy with yet. A pretty typical Saturday morning in Lindsay's world. Except that I have no laptop, no email, and no project in progress. Hence the wandering.

Not that there aren't a hundred things I could be doing around the house. I'm just weirded out by the idea that I might actually have time to do them. I think I'll start a list. So that I can cross things off it.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At October 11, 2008 11:25 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

Hey, you'll get into it. I've been off work since April and I can say that it takes a month or so. Now my days are so busy I don't know how I ever worked full time!

Just enjoy this time Lindsay and don't fret about "being busy". Try and be still in the moment.

 
At October 11, 2008 3:02 PM, Blogger Danae said...

yay! first day of mat leave... you'll feel more weird once monday comes around and everyone else goes back to work! have fun and try to relax and enjoy your time to yourself :)

 
At October 11, 2008 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, we could get together during the day now!! You could come hang out with me and the girls one day if you need something to do. Open invitation, my dear : )

 
At October 13, 2008 10:55 AM, Blogger ka said...

You know that since it's a long weekend you can't actually consider yourself really unemployed until Tuesday morning when you get up and realize you have no where to go. Technically you should be at home for the next couple days anyhow...

You know, just technically. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home