Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Wait Is (Almost) Over

So it's official: Geoff and I are going to know the sex of our baby when we go for a private ultrasound next Thursday, August 7.

It was a multi-faceted decision. We both knew almost as soon as we found out we were expecting that we wanted to know the baby's sex ahead of time. We're not really surprise people... Heck, Geoff gave me my last birthday present at least six weeks ahead of time because he just couldn't stand it anymore. And just ask my mom about all the stories where I was playing hide-and-seek as a child and popped out of my hiding place as the 'seeker' approached, just so that I wouldn't be surprised when they came around the corner. When our ultrasound was scheduled for St B, we were both a little disappointed (because they have a policy not to discuss the baby's gender there). So it's curiosity on Geoff's part and an obsessive need to plan on my part.

On top of that, we weren't able to get any pictures from my first ultrasound, and that's been incredibly sad for me. (Surprised that was such a big deal for Lindsay? Me too! I blame all the hormones.)

This means that you have a mere 9 days to guess whether Baby is a Baby Boy or a Baby Girl. The poll is anonymous, but I encourage you to add some comments if you're brave enough to stand my ridicule when you're proven wrong :)

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At July 29, 2008 10:30 PM, Blogger Amber said...

I *really* wanted to choose girl...but I can not stop thinking you're having a boy!

 
At July 29, 2008 11:03 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Interesting. I've had some pretty substantial periods of being absolutely convinced of both, so your guess is as good as mine! Though ALL my dreams have been going one way during the last month...

 
At July 30, 2008 8:10 AM, Blogger Charlene said...

I have been seriously thinking you are going to have a little boy...not sure what makes me think that. congrats on finding out, in nine days! it is an awesome experience...

 
At July 30, 2008 9:35 AM, Blogger gloria said...

perhaps another Mr Wright for the world? there are not enough of them

 
At July 30, 2008 11:07 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

This is so interesting! Especially considering there is a literal 50-50 chance here. Hmmm...

 
At July 30, 2008 12:23 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

I think it's so great that you are finding out and not feeling bad about it.

I remember feeling so bad every time someone asked me if I was and we were planning to. They were always so quick to tell me how they thought it was a bad idea to ruin the surpprise.

Too bad Palmer wound up deciding we shouldn't find out and refused to share the goods. I still think I'll want to find out with a future baby when the time comes.

 
At July 30, 2008 12:29 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

I know! So many people have been a little bit judgmental about this decision.

I figure that it's either a surprise now or a surprise later - and I just feel like I'll be able to bond with Baby even more once I can think of him/her by name and buy things specifically for him/her.

 
At July 30, 2008 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll really be surprised if the ultrasound is wrong!

 
At July 30, 2008 1:28 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Agreed.

It's pretty darn close to 100% accurate these days... But I'll still be bringing something gender-neutral along to the hospital, just in case :)

 
At July 30, 2008 5:23 PM, Blogger gloria said...

don't worry about ruining the surprise, i guarantee you that although you are going to know the sex of your baby before its' birth, the child IS going to surprise you in many other ways as they grow...

 
At July 31, 2008 3:27 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Lindsay, i REALLY want to guess in your poll, but I need to actually see you from the front and back before I decide.

I am VERY good at this guessing thing, ask anyone. I'm 13 for 15.

oh, and who gives a rip what people think about your decision. It's YOUR decision, not theirs. so there.

 
At July 31, 2008 4:12 PM, Blogger Charlene said...

yeah, we decided we wanted to know before Emma came along, and there were a lot of people pushing for us to keep it a surprise. I was like, I know there is a baby in there, and that's special all on its own...so, I just want to use this to bond a little more with Baby, which I felt that I was able to. we took "girl" and ran with it though, thank goodness the Doctor was right!

 
At July 31, 2008 5:01 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Gloria, I'm *sure* my child will be different (hehe).

WELL, Crystal... I'm planning to be at practice next week Wednesday, so you can make your guess then and sneak in under the wire. No pressure, but now we're *all* expecting you to be right :)

And Char, I totally hear you. I feel like finding out will add to the whole baby experience, not take anything away - because we'll get this beautiful, special moment now when we find out what we're having AND we'll get another beautiful, special moment when we see Baby for the very first time. You were brave to pre-release your name, though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home