Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Few Little Updates

Yesterday morning, Geoff and I woke up a little early and went to Cora's for breakfast. Yum. It was such a good start to a weary Wednesday.

After breakfast, I met the (kinda) new Executive Director of The Arthritis Society - Carol. It's always fun to spend time in that office full of people who like me a lot. I got to visit with Chris - the Joints in Motion coordinator - and lots of others before I sat down with Carol and heard all about what the Manitoba/Nunavut division is planning for this year. It's all pretty cool stuff. And they had *lots* of ideas about where I can help out. Now it's just up to me to figure out what I'll have time for this next year... I said yes to one of those opportunities already: revitalizing the Arthritis Self-Management Program and figuring out how to market it more effectively to get people to sign up (and volunteer to teach). I'm kind of excited about it.

After work, Em dropped in for dinner and then we headed out to go see Darcie at Tiber River for pedicures (my birthday present - thanks Em!). I was kind of freaking out about being away from home/work that long with the sheer volume of deadlines I'm looking at right now, but it was such a good thing. I needed to just sit around for three hours and be pampered.

Of course, I came directly home and worked for another two or three hours... But those are just details, right? :)

And today's been another crazy day... Not that noteworthy, because I'm not expecting work to slow down at all until September (seriously). But I've actually been at my desk for around half of the day today, which is making me feel significantly less crazy. I feel like I've accomplished a lot. I love that feeling. Geoff came and met me for lunch, which was a nice break. And then tonight is yoga again (which will hopefully help to loosen up the muscles that are tight from the aftermath of Tuesday's class... hehe).

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 25, 2008 9:52 AM, Blogger gloria said...

nice! wish niv had a coras.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home