Saturday, July 26, 2008

Social Butterfly

So I think I set a record for most friends visited with last night. It certainly wasn't planned that way... Ah, the joys of being a twentysomething.

I had previously planned to meet up with Erin for coffee on Friday evening.

Then sometime in the early afternoon, Kari-Ann called me up at work and (let's face it) demanded some Lindsay time - she was coming into Winnipeg with Scarlett as a kind of last-minute thing, and I haven't seen them in way too long. It turned out that Anja was free for a millisecond as well, so we made plans to meet up at Anja & Kyle's new place after work but before we all headed out for our 'real' evening plans.

Then just as work was winding down for the day, Chuck informed me that (a) a bunch of people from work had decided to go for a drink down the street, and (b) my attendance was not optional.

I think I deserve a medal or something for making all of that work! I headed straight from work to the King's Head to Anja's to Starbucks. It was fun to quickly catch up with so many friends - and all of these 'dates' were looong overdue. I came home feeling tired and refreshed all at the same time. It was a long week! But I daresay, it was a good one.

PS - I could not resist lifting a Scarlett picture to share... She is too cute for words, so I really had no other choice :)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At July 26, 2008 5:17 PM, Blogger Elleah said...

That is some great hair. :)

 
At July 26, 2008 9:29 PM, Blogger ka said...

Aw, it's cute that you think my baby is cute even though she was WAY tired last night and in dire need of a nap (and much happier after she finally gave in just as I was bolting home).

And it was WAY overdue. And a real, long, proper visit is still necessary. I can't wait for Linds on mat leave with free afternoons! Trying to be sociable and put a kid to bed by 8:30 is tough!

 
At July 28, 2008 10:30 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

oh my word, she is so cute. love the tee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home