Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Zen Mama Lindsay

So I almost chickened out of my first prenatal yoga class tonight. I must say, I think I'm losing my adventurous spirit just a little. Blame it on my age, my tired and hormonal pregnant state, the fact that my life seems to be an adventure in general right now - I just wasn't feeling awesome about the idea of going and hanging out with a bunch of strangers, doing something that I haven't done in a long, long time and I'm not particularly good at.

Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy yoga. But I'm not naturally good at anything even remotely physical, and so doing that in front of a bunch of people... Uncomfortable. Especially for this Type A personality who believes strongly that if you can't win, you shouldn't bother trying because it's not worth doing.

Anyway. I went. And I am SO glad that I did. It was super-fun, and I left feeling (a) like I'd gotten some exercise, (b) like my muscles and joints were looser than they'd been in a while, (c) like I'd accomplished my very first 'pregnant thing' that really made me feel connected with Baby, and (d) like I'd relaxed and spent some Lindsay Time.

I'm kind of excited to do it all over again on Thursday :)

PS - An official shout out to Danae, for the awesome tip about Joe yoga pants / shorts from Superstore. They were $14 and they are sooo comfortable. They stretch, and the top band easily folds to fit underneath a pregnant belly - without falling down, which is always a bonus.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At July 22, 2008 10:40 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

I'm so proud of you Lindsay! That is exactly the same way I felt for all the same reasons when I found out Shane bought me classes for my birthday when I was pregnant. I also wound up enjoying them. Hope Thursday goes just as well :)

 
At July 23, 2008 1:45 PM, Blogger Danae said...

hey no problem! i loved those pants when i was pregnant... first thing i put on whenever i got home. glad to hear your yoga class went well, and hope your whole pregnancy continues to go well too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home