Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring Tea

Tonight, I was invited to accompany Anica and Sophie (my cousins slash nieces, for the uninitiated) to their Girls Club Spring Tea.

It was fun... The girls sang a few songs for us, then we all did a craft together (a stretch for a non-crafty girl like me) and had tea and dainties. Fortunately, they served fruit so I didn't feel like a total loser for turning down chocolate cupcakes!

It was nice to hang out with the girls (and Val, my aunt slash big sister) for a couple of hours - it made me forget all about my grown-up worrying, and I actually caught myself giggling once or twice when Sophie and I had our hands full of wet cement :)

Then Val sent me home with a motherload (hehe) of her pregnancy info. I'm not *quite* brave enough to read it all yet, but I will... Sometime before I give birth.


Me and Soph


Anica and Val


Our stepping stones. Sophie put her handprint in hers and then decorated the WHOLE thing. I decorated around the edge of mine, and then Soph and I both added our handprints in the middle. Sadly, you can't tell which one was done by a 26-year-old advertising professional and which was done by a 5-year-old kindergartener. We'll say it's because of her amazing skills, not because of my artistic inadequacies :)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At March 25, 2008 11:07 PM, Blogger esther said...

WOW!!! val sure does look like laurie, and your mom :)

lovely stepping stone!

 
At March 26, 2008 6:46 PM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

that looks like it was so much fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home