Saturday, February 16, 2008

Up Close and Personal

Today (after spending an hour or two at the office being productive this morning), I had my blood analysis appointment. Emily graciously volunteered to come with me - these things are always a little easier when you have someone else there, and I knew from last time that they'd be throwing more info at me than I'd possibly be able to retain on my own.

It was an interesting day, that's for sure. Every medical-type person I've ever met with has a theory - whether they 'believe' in fibromyalgia or not. Today's theory actually made a little more sense than usual. Basically, they believe that all the NSAIDs and steroids I've pumped into my body since I was 10 years old have managed to eat away at the lining of my intestines, my stomach, and my bowels - resulting in a body that lets bad things 'leak' into my body and letting some of the good things (minerals and nutrients) escape. In short, my blood was a MESS. And that mess reflected a pile of issues that all added up to fibromyalgia in my case - and the list of common symptoms read like a summary of my life over the past couple of years, *exactly* all the symptoms I've been dealing with. Weird.

Anyway. I paid my hundred thousand million dollars to the nice people and went home with a new little sack of goodies - acidophilus-bifidobacterium, cat's claw, chlorophyll, marshmallow and pepsin, LB-X, vitamin D, and magnesium. Yummy.

My next appointment at the beginning of March will address any diet changes that need to happen - in the meantime, I'm keeping up with my journaling.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At February 17, 2008 12:50 PM, Blogger gloria said...

*fingers crossed*

 
At February 17, 2008 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sort of makes sense...the NSAIDS, etc. On with the healing:)

 
At February 21, 2008 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had one of those blood analysis readings (and all the $$ vitamins that go with it). Amazing! It was very accurate for what I was feeling at the time. Love to talk about it some time.

Mel

 
At February 21, 2008 10:29 PM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

if you run out of cat's claws, you can have pugsly's.... ;) hee hee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home