Friday, February 08, 2008

5 Random Things

I was tagged by blogging buddy Nicole, so in the interest of good sportsmanship - here you go!

THE MISSION:
Share five random/weird things about myself.
Share five places that I want to see or want to see again.
Tag five random people.

5 Random Things

1. I won't do or try something if I think it might make me look stupid. I wish that I didn't care, but I do. There's this old Friends episode where Rachel won't go running with Phoebe because she looks so dumb when she runs... I seriously relate.

2. I am the slowest eater in the world. We used to think it was because of my jaw joints, but now we all know that I'm just a slow eater :)

3. I never get sick of reading a good book. Some of the books in my library have been read 30 times, and it just makes them better and better. I just get in a mood, and I know *exactly* which familiar character on my shelf will make good company.

4. I have freakishly strong nails, and they grow super-fast. It makes other people hate me.

5. I have my dream job right now, but I think I'd like to teach communications or advertising at a post-secondary level someday. Either that, or I'll get incredibly brave and start writing for real. In another life, I would probably consider a career in law or politics.

5 Random Places

1. New York - I've never been, and I've always wanted to. I'm a sucker for big cities that are oozing with culture and museums and great food and amazing shopping.

2. Italy - I've never been, and it looks so pretty... But I'm more excited for Milan and Florence than for Rome and Venice - not sure why.

3. Montreal - I went two summers ago, and I had so much fun. There was so much to do, and I loved that I got to use the French part of my brain just a little bit. And it's on my life goal list to make it back to the Jazz Festival. Amazing.

4. Turkey - I got just a little taste on our cruise this year, and I would love to go back and explore Istanbul and the rest of the country. It's a gateway country to the Middle East, and I've love to see that part of the world but I'll admit that I'm way too scared. So it's a safe little taste without being seriously frightening.

5. Places Unknown - I used to have such a safe, set little list of places I wanted to see. I've knocked off the big ones. And now I'm really not too sure. My list changes constantly based on books I read, things I watch, what's on the news, and just whatever I happen to feel like at the moment. I'm not as nervous about travelling to less comfortable places as I used to be. My list at the moment includes Brazil, Morocco, Germany, Spain / Portugal, the south of France, Egypt, Japan, China, Norway, and (yes, seriously) Antarctica. But ask again tomorrow, because I'm sure it will have changed :)

5 Random People

Gloria, Sherri M, Crystal, Marilyn, and Mom (leave your answers in the comments section if you don't have a blog)

Labels:

4 Comments:

At February 08, 2008 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since this is a short tag...
5 random things:
1.I love to read - usually new books. I can only re-read a book once.
2.I enjoy seeing new places.
3.I also enjoy going over my usual walk to see what is different that day.
4.Moving about so often in my life makes me feel I should move after a few years in one place.
5.I need the beauty of order in my surroundings.
Want to see/again:
1.I'd love to see all of the Canadian Provinces.
2. I'd love to visit most of the US States.
3.I'd like to revisit UK and especially Scotland.
4.A far fetched dream is to take a boat canal trip.
5.A tour of Europe including Italy where I don't have to speak the languages.
Can I tag Hannah?

 
At February 08, 2008 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

5 Random Things:
-I am freakishly very afraid of the dark. Thanks to the boogeyman who grabbed me in the night in a strange city so many years ago!
-I hate needles of any kind. I start swooning before I see them.
-I love spending time with older women and just listening to them talk about life.
-I miss having small kids and having an excuse to be playing with play dough and paper dolls and lego.
-I sing at the top of my lungs when I'm driving by myself. (or with Jess-Avril L.)

5 Places I want to visit:
1)I want to go back to the cottage in Lunenburg, N.S. Happy memories.
2)All of Europe. I want to see a real castle and Stonehenge and Versailles...all of it.
3)An actual Mexican, Cuban, Dominican vacation like everybody else has done except me:(
4)To Guatemala so I can see for myself what some of the rest of my family has experienced first hand.
5)Back to Bermuda with my hubby to show him where we went and what we saw with J.I.M..

 
At February 08, 2008 1:55 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Aw, thanks mom(s)!

Marilyn - I totally get that urge to move after I've been in one place for a while. It will be interesting to see what happens in our house now, where we're intending to stay indefinitely. Maybe I'll just paint and move some furniture around when that happens...

Mom - I love how many quirks of yours I've inherited...

You two should temporarily ditch the husbands and tour Europe together :)

 
At February 09, 2008 8:00 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Sorry for my delayed response ... I've been working like a crazy woman since yesterday morning.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for indulging me and doing this though :)

3. What are your favorite books? I feel the same way as you on this one.

4. I am the same as you - except that I bite them which annoys me. I'm sure they'd be really nice, if only I didn't.

And your Degrassi parties sound like a blast. I love finding fun in the "small things."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home