Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday Smile

It's been a discouraging week, to be honest. My pain levels have been slowly creeping up again, and I'm fighting with myself daily about my upcoming appointments - knowing that the people who I'm trusting for treatment now are expensive, and their therapies are not covered by either of our health plans. It's sometimes hard not to pick up the phone and cancel them. I value my health - a LOT - but these things have been adding up over the last few months, and with few results. I really feel like I'm on my last-chance effort here, and that is terrifying to me sometimes.

On to happier things...

Last night was pretty close to a perfect Valentine's Day. Nothing over the top, but we picked up sushi and some cheesecake from Baked Expectations, and then watched a movie curled up on the couch. Exactly my speed this week.

A few days ago, The Boy surprised me with these amazing tulips. They were just buds, and they've made me smile every day while I've checked on them and watched them grow. They're currently living on my dining room table. And in the office, I have a vase full of daffodils that I bought for myself last week.

Spring is coming, friends... First to my home, and soon - everywhere :)



Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At February 15, 2008 9:42 AM, Blogger gloria said...

Wow, what a beautiful dining room table you have.

 
At February 15, 2008 10:24 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Um, yeah. Because THAT was the point of my post... hehe :)

Thank you.

 
At February 15, 2008 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the flowers:) Keep up the courage as you try new things and get some rest over the weekend.

 
At February 16, 2008 1:52 PM, Blogger gloria said...

:p

I'm sorry, was I supposed to comment on the windows instead?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home