Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Heart Day

I'm so skeptical of this holiday... It seems so fake and offensive when people pretend to be super-romantic and thoughtful just because they're socially obligated. Doing something special for people you care about is totally fine, but only if you do special things for them throughout the year.

Anyway. I'm lucky because The Boy loves to surprise me with little things - things like occasional flowers, making my lunch, starting my car when it's cold, or driving me to work. I don't take that for granted at all.

And on this overly commercial, silly day - I want to send this valentine to all of you, my loyal blog readers. You wade through the contents of my life and have invested so much in my very ordinary story. I think that's so cool. Thanks for your words of encouragement and the little comments you leave that make me laugh out loud. Thanks for filling up my inbox with the comments that were too long or too personal to leave in my 'comments.' And thanks to those of you who are brave enough to blog what's in your hearts too. I love and appreciate every single one of you.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At February 14, 2008 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the valentine:) We love and appreciate you (and Geoff) every day and so glad you have each other.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home