Thursday, February 07, 2008

Keeping Track

I'm not really a New Years Resolution girl. It's mostly because I hate the feeling of not accomplishing something that I wanted to do. I tend to make changes instead of promises, and I tend to make those changes in February - when things are feeling a little closer to normal and I have a better feel for what I'm capable of.

I'm particularly proud of what I accomplished yesterday. For years, I've been wanting to do a better job of tracking my health - what I'm taking, what I'm eating, what I'm doing, how I'm feeling. I want to discover those subtle patterns and cues that will make me better at taking care of myself. And yesterday, I started.

This new project *obviously* called for a cute new notebook - and I found the perfect one at Chapters. (Do other people get as giddy as I do about shopping for stationery? It's absurd.)

I'm very excited about this. I want to get better at learning about my body, and how it works the very best. It will be an interesting journey, I'm sure.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At February 07, 2008 1:36 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Oh do I hear you girl! I have a crush on stationary of any kind (notebooks, paper, you name it) Okay, not any kind ... just the super cute stuff.

In fact my obsession has bled into pretty office supplies. Boring square, yellow post its? Be gone! Why use those when you can have flower shaped purple ones ...

What an interesting new journey you're about to embark on!

 
At February 07, 2008 9:21 PM, Blogger sherri said...

yes, I am just as giddy!

 
At February 08, 2008 10:28 AM, Blogger gloria said...

BOL! You know how I joined the fair committee, right? Well I had to get a new notebook for that TOO! Accompanied by a brand new writing utensil as well. Stationary is one of my guilty pleasures.

 
At February 08, 2008 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I felt silly when I was so excited to go shopping for new school supplies for myself in Sept.. I don't feel silly at all now.

 
At February 08, 2008 8:49 PM, Blogger it's a gong show... said...

i have to admit that i too LOVE stationary but once i buy it i have a hard time using it. i don't want to ruin it or waste it. i know, i have issues :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home