Thursday, December 06, 2007

Way Too Early For Pancakes

That was the general consensus when Kyle, Chuck, and I woke up at 5 am yesterday morning to go to our client's charity pancake breakfast for the Christmas Cheer Board. It was also way too early for Santa Claus - the jingle bells in my face before the sun had come up were almost too much to take. It was all much jollier once I pounded back three cups of crappy coffee, and the sky started to lighten. And by around 7.30, I was good to go for the day. At least until 5 pm. I was supposed to make an appearance at the CMA holiday mixer, and there was absolutely no way that was going to happen. Geoff and I had a ridiculously mellow night at home because neither of us felt particularly healthy.

This morning, my alarm went at 7.45, but I felt about the same as I had the previous day. Geoff and I are both Officially Sick - unfortunately, he gets to call in sick. The nature of my job is such that as long as I stay away from people, I don't really have an excuse to stay at home. He's sicker than I am, but STILL. I was totally ripped off that I had to go make myself somewhat presentable and trudge through the snow to a day full of meetings and strategic marketing plans (and I need my brain for that stuff).

Now that I'm at work and being kind of productive, I feel a little better. But I will be an incredibly happy girl as the end of the afternoon nears and I can go back to my hoodie instead of a suit jacket :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home