Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Drama Drama Drama

Ah, Kari-Ann.

Some of you have had the pleasure of meeting her, loving her, being intimidated by her, being mocked by her, or just standing there stunned by how darn tall she is up close. I love her. I only have one Kari-Ann (and I thank God for that), and she is special. Every friend plays an important role in my life, and Kari-Ann is my Dramatic Friend.

The build-up to Girls Night began over a week ago with an email to Anja and I requesting an appointment for sushi, and the promise of some morsel of Big News that just could not be shared by email or telephone. The first night that worked for all three of us busy and fabulous working girls was last night. And in between, Kari-Ann was NOT gracious. She full-on taunted us, promising that we would not leave disappointed. It was a dramatic week - even for Kari-Ann.

True to form, she waited for a perfect moment, paused dramatically (is there any other way?), and then rather unflinchingly dropped the social equivalent of Hiroshima on us last night. And then sat back and thoroughly enjoyed the chaos she'd created.

And that is why I love her.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At December 05, 2007 1:12 PM, Blogger gloria said...

spill it!

 
At December 05, 2007 1:50 PM, Blogger ka said...

It was almost as much fun spending all week thinking of ways to tell you.

Some of the favourites? A t-shirt that said Leggo I'm Preggo (yes, I saw one). Or brining in an Ultrasound photo to show what I've been up to lately. Unfortunately, I don't have the Ultrasound photo yet to show.

In the end, I knew the news would hold up for itself on its own. So I just let 'er rip. I may be dramatic, but I also make it my mission not to disappoint my audience.

And you girls ALSO did not disappoint in your response. Junior will be thrilled to hear about the excitment his aunties showed. Especially those spa days planned - regardless of whether Junior is a boy or a girl...

 
At December 05, 2007 3:21 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Darling, maybe next time it would be every-so-slightly less dramatic if you didn't wait UNTIL YOU WERE SHOWING to tell your girls...

Anyway. You know we're excited and happy for you. And probably equally excited that it's not us :)

Will Junior also be thrilled to know that his mom took him pole dancing? I'd say that did more damage than anything Anja and I could possibly inflict...

 
At December 05, 2007 4:25 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Ha, ha, ha...Junior went pole dancing!!! Congratulations, Kari-Ann. I'm so glad she commented to clear up what the big news was because I was dying of curiosity by the end of your post, Lindsay.

 
At December 07, 2007 9:30 AM, Blogger ka said...

Yeah, I keep forgetting about the pole dancing. I should bring that up at coffee break today (staff morale boosting - we bring Christmas goodies twice weekly until Christmas :). The co-workers will REALLY go over the edge on that one...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home