Thursday, November 29, 2007

Please Don't Kill the Messenger

Okay, where is my zen?! I have built my career on maintaining some semblance of professional zen, no matter what. And now I've spent the better part of my morning concentrating very hard so that I don't (a) kick someone for being mean to me, or (b) cry because people are being mean to me. Just one of those days. I'm simmering beneath the surface - secretly, of course.

Motherhood will NOT be a problem for me (that was NOT a coy hint). I'm absolutely used to getting nothing of my own stuff done while I'm at work - and spending infinite hours soothing other people's owies and holding their hands and making them happy. And all without an ounce of gratitude or encouragement (or even politeness, some days).

I'm considering a new side business where I chew other people's food for them. I think it would be very popular.

Counting down til the end of the day. Especially because I know that this story has a happy ending: yummy Mexican food for dinner, then MTC tickets with my mom to go see 'The Importance of Being Earnest' - without question, my all-time favourite play.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At November 30, 2007 12:03 AM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Delurking here Lindsay. I've read your blog for a quite a few months now and recently delurked on Erin's blog (found hers via yours) as I enjoy both of them.

Anyhow, you made me laugh out loud when you mentioned the side business. Have you seen the SNL skit where they actually do that? It just aired in a Thanksgiving tribute show. The coincidence of seeing it for the first time and you mentioning your idea made it seem like a perfect time to delurk.

I'm actually a little nervous about commenting as I don't want my poor grammar to bug you. I imagine that's only part of what you had to deal with at work today :)

Beautiful wedding and honeymoon pics by the way.

 
At November 30, 2007 8:12 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Hey Nicole, I *love* new friends :)

I haven't seen the SNL skit, but I will certainly be searching for it online today - thanks for the heads-up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home