Friday, November 30, 2007

The Play is the Thing

My mom and I are pretty smart cookies. But I must say, one of the better schemes we've come up with recently was our plan to acquire season tickets to MTC this year - which pretty much guarantees a monthly mother/daughter night.

We've had such a great time so far. In October, just before I left on our trip, we saw 'Our Town' and went for dinner at Santa Lucia (yummy Greek food). And last night, we stuffed ourselves with tacos at Carlos & Murphy's before heading over to see 'The Importance of Being Earnest' - my favourite play of all time (and one that we saw at PTE years ago on another mother/daughter excursion when I was in university).

It was so much fun. And it was even more special because my charming husband offered to play chauffeur for us. He joined us for dinner, then dropped us off at MTC and came back to pick us up at 10.30. I cannot even express how fantastic it was for my mom and I to not have to walk those few blocks to and from our parking spot, and then sit in a freezing cold car (it went down to -36 last night with the windchill).

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At November 30, 2007 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening for a couple of great gals:)

 
At December 01, 2007 10:37 PM, Blogger Erin said...

That sounds awesome!

We were going to go to Carlos and Murphy's last night with some friends but then decided on a quieter dinner at Vesuvio's. That's funny...we would have been there at the same time. Small world.

Glad you had a good time with your mom. That's such a special thing to do together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home