Sunday, December 02, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

I love our neigbourhood on a bad day. Now that it's December and all the houses are decorated for Christmas, it's ridiculous. The trees, the snow, the lights... Happy sigh. I can hardly wait for it to warm up a tiny bit so that I can go for a walk and just soak it all in.

Yesterday was a *full* day of Christmas baking with my mom, my grandma, both of my aunts, and (for a little while) my sister. And I do mean a full day. We started around 10 am and finished around 11 pm. In between, we completed enough of 9 recipes for all of us to go home with enough cookies, squares, and other festive goodies to pack our freezers.

My mom and I were both a little worse for wear this morning - I guess that's how you know you put in a good day's work.

I came back to Winnipeg in the late afternoon, and Geoff had this look like he'd been up to something. Sure enough... I didn't even have my shoes off before he dragged me into the living room to show me what he'd done. He's been working nights all weekend, but he set his alarm early today to get up and go buy an evergreen garland and some lights to decorate the banister, to surprise me. So adorable. How could you NOT love this man?! :)

And then he was off to work, and I settled in for an evening of email catchup, copy editing, and reruns of The OC. Underneath the glow of our very first Christmas lights of the season.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At December 03, 2007 8:59 AM, Blogger gloria said...

Sounds like a great weekend.

 
At December 03, 2007 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you both are well on the way to enjoy this month of celebration. It is sometimes the little things that keep the 'heart' warm:) Shalom

 
At December 03, 2007 3:32 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

*sigh* sounds delightful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home