Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Home for Christmas

Okay, it can't be a secret anymore that Lindsay LOVES Christmas. And last night was Christmasfication night chez Geoff and Lindsay. I've always been excited to make my house festive (and incredibly reluctant to take it all down again in January), but this year is extra-special because I have a HOME to decorate. And an incredibly tall husband to help with all the annoying stuff I can't reach at the top of the tree.

Yesterday after work, we set out on a mission to find a not-too-ugly artificial tree. It took almost two hours and probably six or seven stores, but we finally found one that was exactly what we'd had in mind. We got it home, set it up, fluffed up the branches, decked it out with ornaments and decorations... Lovely. It is a lovely tree. I can't stop looking at it, it just makes me *so* happy.

The best part is that it's a pretty tree, but a sentimental tree at the same time. I look at it and I see the new ornaments that we picked together, the snowflake we bought with Geoff's family in England, the decorations I bought on my very first Christmas on my own, the old ones that Emily and I used to fight over, the one Geoff bought me last year to mark our first Christmas together...

It's perfect and cozy and wonderful.


Geoff's surprise beginning to our Christmas project


Our tree


The ornament we bought in London


Our shared favourite 'new' ornament


One I've had since my first Christmas on my own (maybe I was destined to work at Cocoon?)


Some Christmasfication in the dining room

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At December 05, 2007 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No pictures yet?!

 
At December 06, 2007 10:07 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

LINDSAY. I LOVE CHRISTMAS. I am completely envious of your windows.

 
At December 07, 2007 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU FOR THE PICS. VERY LOVELY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home