Thursday, August 30, 2007

Wedding Update (for anyone who still cares)

It feels like I've been talking about wedding stuff forever. I realize it's only been around three months - and that I certainly could have done a better job of this whole bridezilla thing so far - but still. A few people have asked recently about how wedding stuff is going, so I thought I'd summarize a few recent developments here and you can read at your own risk :)

Got the call last night that my dress is in! I'm so excited. And trying to figure out when I'll have time to go and have my first fitting... My life is SO incredibly busy and fabulous right now.

Everything's finally done for our guest book. Geez. Who knew that such a simple idea could be so incredibly complicated to pull off?! Good thing I put Geoff in charge of the hard stuff.

I had my first shower last night, complements of Laurie and Val and the rest of my mom's family. It was very sweet, fun, and Geoff and I will enjoy our new dishes, serving pieces, storage containers, and (shhh...) gift certs for La Senza. A huge thank you from Geoff and I to all of you! We love you all :)

Premarital counselling is going swimmingly. I think we only have one or two appointments left and, so far, the minister isn't begging us not to do this. I consider that success.

Sold my piano last weekend, and it got picked up today. Kind of a bittersweet moment. It doesn't really fit in the new house, and I'll miss it - but it went to Steve & Val, and Anica is starting piano lessons next week. Any kid who's as creative and mathematical as she is MUST have access to a piano during their formative years, in my humble opinion. And so I can rest easy, knowing that it went to a good home. At the same time, we moved out my bed - also going to a new home. So I'm back on my old trusty twin for this month. AWESOME. These are all very sure signs that the wedding - and the big move into our house - is coming up quickly. As a matter of fact, NINE DAYS til I need to be down to my bare essentials here at the Alice in Wonderland House, to make room for Ally. Craziness. (Remind me again why I can't just move in with The Boy now?)

Flights for our honeymoon are BOOKED. We're flying from Winnipeg to Athens (via Toronto and Zurich) on Oct 31 / Nov 01, from Athens to London on Nov 09, and from London to Winnipeg (via Montreal) on Nov 13. Very excited would be an understatement. We're also working to finalize details on a Greek Islands cruise from Nov 05 to Nov 09 that includes Mykonos, Kusadasi/Ephesus (Turkey), Patmos, Rhodes, Crete, and Santorini. Insane. We're actually kind of giddy about it.

And the best wedding news of all... We *officially* have one month to go!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At August 30, 2007 12:50 PM, Blogger gloria said...

LOL @ sleeping in a single bed again! I always threaten U with that, taking a chain saw to our King and making 2 singles!

I am excited for you Lindsay! Eeeek!

 
At August 31, 2007 10:53 AM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

That's awesome that everything is going so great! I was at the Mill. Centre last night for work....it's still beautiful so you need not worry. ^^,

 
At August 31, 2007 5:48 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I'm so happy to hear that everything is coming together for the big day and the big trip!! You are so lucky. You must take hundreds of pictures of your trip so that we can all drool over the fabulousness of it. And I can't wait to witness the fabulousness of your wedding and you in a gorgeous dress. Can you tell I'm a little excited for you? : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home