Monday, August 20, 2007

Weekend Update: Losing My Mind Edition

Okay, so I spend most of my life trying NOT to be That Girl. You know which girl I'm talking about. The one who absolutely requires the support and assistance of a boy, who cries to her girlfriends when he's busy for an evening, the one who obsesses about 'what he really meant by that.'

And I don't think I am that girl. But I had a truly girly moment this weekend that I feel a need to confess.

Geoff left for his week at camp yesterday. As a camp nurse, not a camper, you dorks. Emily and I drove him to CMU to meet the bus and immediately after unloading his luggage into the parking lot, he realized he'd forgotten the little first aid kit he likes to take with him. I volunteered to run to the drug store and pick him up a replacement while he checked all the kids getting on the bus for lice (seriously... EW). Em and I zipped around looking for a kit, and came up empty-handed. We got back to CMU and the bus was there, Geoff's luggage was there... but Geoff was not. I walked around for a few minutes looking for him, totally without luck. I settled for scribbling a quick note on the back of a receipt and tucking it into his bag.

But seriously. I know it's only a week (and a ridiculously busy week), and it really has nothing to do with him being gone - we've been apart from each other lots in the past year. But I HATE that I didn't get to say goodbye to him.

The rest of the weekend was good. Didn't do much on Friday - watched TV and cuddled with The Boy. Ran errands, sent out invitations, ordered Geoff's ring, decided on favours (and sampled LOTS of chocolate!), and watched a movie on Saturday. Went to church and had brunch at Cora's with Emily on Sunday, then spent the evening with my parents.

And now, somehow, it's AUGUST 20th. Which means that it's less than 6 weeks until the wedding. And a ridiculous 96 days til kickoff at Grey Cup (more on that soon). And 55 days til my biggest client launches their new brand. And 71 days until we leave for Greece. And 2 days until a major photo shoot that I'm still trying to cast.

And about ten seconds until I lose my mind...

To demonstrate the full effects of my insanity, I'm actually attempting to pack, move, and unpack my kitchen on my own tonight. I'll let you know how that goes :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home