Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thoughts at the End of a Day

Today was ridiculously long. The day after a photo shoot always is. And we were photo-shoot-ing ALL day yesterday. Got some absolutely amazing shots at three locations, and the campaign is going to be wicked. But HOLY COW. It's so much more work than it looks like.

I should stop watching Extreme Home Makeover, or whatever it's called. I bawl at a level that's completely embarrassing.

I miss Geoff, and I'm incredibly happy that he emailed me from camp yesterday. It's amazing how quickly you can get used to having someone there - when you survived and were perfectly fine without them for 25 years of your life. In any case, I'd do almost anything for one of his super-amazing hugs right now.

Did I mention how busy this week has been? I haven't stopped working yet, other than an hour-long chat with my mom. I think I'll go to bed very, very soon.

I had a great evening with Emily on Tuesday (sleepover! yay!) and with Jessica last night. It's so nice to just chill with the girls. That's something that I haven't managed to outgrow, and I don't really plan on outgrowing it ever.

I'm hurting today, and that makes me sad. My hips feel like I'm 96 years old. Frustrated sigh.

The kitchen is unpacked at the new house. It's amazing how good that feels. This house is slowly but surely turning into a home, and I couldn't be happier about it. I get the most incredible feeling of zen from just walking through the door, because it's OURS.

It's amazing what a quick walk-in mani/pedi can do for a girl's outlook on life, the universe, and everything.

This summer flew by incredibly quickly, and it's been cold all week. Sad. I'm wishing for one more weekend at the lake... Just one. I want to sleep in and play tennis and sit around the fire and turn off my cell phone... Happy sigh.

The green paint in the kitchen still makes me smile.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At August 24, 2007 10:16 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I cry every time I watch Extreme Home Makeover. Even while I'm critiquing the actual house and way things are done, I'm still crying : ) I haven't had a sleepover in a million years. I would love to do that again. Can we do that one night before you get married? Please? For old time sake and for new time sake? Time is flying. It's only weeks away. Maybe it won't work. The thought is fun, though. I can't wait to see your new home...and your lovely green. I'm thinking of doing a green in my next house. We'll see. Miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home