Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Surprised By Love, and other chronic thoughts

National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week is coming up soon... The annoying, flashing bar on the right side of this page will take you to InvisibleIllness.com, a site that has lots of information and resources on living with an invisible chronic illness - and some great advocacy ideas. I'll be talking about this more as the week approaches - as you can imagine, it's incredibly important to me.

And as always, I encourage you to check out one of my lifelines: ChronicBabe.com. Jenni and the team give consistently great advice and work to encourage people like me around the world. They make me feel powerful, they make me feel hopeful, and they make me feel NORMAL. I am currently working on an article for them about my experiences of marathoning with arthritis and fibromyalgia, and I recently contributed a short reflection on the theme of 'surprised by love' - a collection of thoughts from chronic babes who've found incredible men who love them, broken old bodies and all. Stay tuned!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At August 22, 2007 11:28 PM, Blogger Erin said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At August 22, 2007 11:29 PM, Blogger Erin said...

That chronicbabe website is so great! I read your contribution to the "Surprised by Love" article and it was very sweet. I can't wait to meet this man who has swept you off your feet and helped to carry you (I really hope the first time I meet him isn't at your wedding, but that is only 5 weeks away). Even though I don't live with a chronic illness anymore, it was inspiring to read about other women who are struggling every day. I makes me appreciate the gift I've been given. And like I said, even though I don't have the illness, I still deal with the after effects and repercussions to this day. It's a whole lot of emotional baggage. Cheers to you, who puts up with it every day and everything that goes with it. You are a strong, amazing woman! (((Hugs)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home