Friday, August 17, 2007

Special Delivery

I had a lovely surprise today. Yes, I actually called a surprise 'lovely' - turns out that small and/or semi-planned surprises are actually kind of fantastic. Who knew? :)

I was sitting in a client meeting this morning when I heard the front door of our office chime. There was Kurt, my favourite printer, with his arms full. After the meeting, I rushed out to see what he'd left behind and - just as I'd suspected - there they were: wedding invitations, programs, dinner menus, and notecards. Lovely. They look beautiful, and I'm so excited to show Geoff after work tonight - and to start mailing them out to friends and family.

With that comes just a tiny little bit of apprehension... We made a decision that we wanted to have the smallest wedding we could, and I'm so worried about hurting people's feelings. I know that - at the end of the day - it's our wedding and we can do it however we want to. But you know. I just don't want anything to take away from the day's happiness.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At August 17, 2007 7:22 PM, Blogger gloria said...

Don't worry Lindsay, Crystal will understand when her invite comes to me!

 
At August 20, 2007 12:17 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Ha ha!

I was just going to say nowadays, it's the norm to have a small wedding, so anyone who's really your friend would never be anything but understanding, myself AND gloria included.

It's your day, don't let anyone ruin it.

 
At August 20, 2007 1:55 PM, Blogger ka said...

It's so high school when people get all worried about being invited to this and not invited to that. There will be lots of celebrating going on. Those that are important to you will find ways to celebrate without getting their panties all in a knot about high school nonsense.

Yes, I said panties in a knot. Or boxers, too, I suppose. :)

 
At August 20, 2007 2:27 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Oh, KA... Have I told you I loved you today? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home