Monday, June 11, 2007

Another Crazy Weekend

Oh, don't get all excited. Not 'crazy' as in wild and frivolous. My weekend was simply busy and full of STUFF. Let me recap briefly.

Met up with my mom, Emily, Jessica, and Anja on Saturday morning to make a final decision on bridesmaid dresses - got everyone measured and everything ordered. Surprisingly quick and painless... Guess that's what happens when the dresses are pretty universally flattering: black and strapless and knee-length (and when all your bridesmaids are skinny and gorgeous).

Jumped in a car with my mom right after, and drove to Morris for my grandparents' auction sale. I'd never heard of such a thing... But apparently, when people get old and sell their houses to move into seniors' apartments, they have auction sales to clear out all the superfluous contents of their old houses. Fascinating. I hadn't intended to bid on anything, but I ended up taking home an ironing board, a quilt, a set of golf clubs, and a treadmill. It was kind of fun, in a weird old-people/small-town kind of way. After the sale, the family cleaned the house top to bottom to get it ready to sell. We were all SO TIRED when we finally got home around 9 pm.

Yesterday, I slept in and then made an appearance at the Niverville Fair (I know, too funny). My friend Mandy was performing in the afternoon, and I'm so glad I went. She's so adorable and so incredibly talented. The highlight of my afternoon - other than running into Erin and Emily and Marie-Eve and a bunch of other friends - was when they called up Mandy to lead a song with the big black gospel choir performing later in the afternoon, totally unrehearsed. Funniest thing I've ever seen, made even funnier by the fact that our tiny little whiter-than-white Mandy totally rocked.

If you're not already an Amanda Falk fan, check out her music on MySpace www.myspace.com/amandafalkmusic - and then go buy her CD. Now. Go.

No other news, other than the fact that I'm resembling a cooked lobster today. You know that kind of sunburn when you'd like to have an option of just peeling off all of your skin and starting over again?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At June 11, 2007 6:36 PM, Blogger sherri said...

hmm I think this might be the right link
http://www.myspace.com/amandafalkmusic

 
At June 11, 2007 7:55 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Thanks, Sher :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home