Monday, June 04, 2007

Monday Morning

Ugh. I miss waking up in the morning and feeling healthy. It's been a little bit of a long stretch of rough mornings. I seriously wish I could have stayed in bed for another hour or two... or ten. I'm a little concerned that it might be something nasty. I've been running a fever since Thursday, my nose has been stuffed up since Saturday morning, and my throat's been painful since yesterday. Ew. I HATE being sick.

Yesterday was fun. I brought Geoff and my dad as my 'dates' to an event I was speaking at - the Manitoba Seniors' Active Living Awards. Funny stuff. Those old people were AWESOME. They were downright spunky, and made my attempts at 'active living' seem pretty lame. It was kind of fun to get to be a part of that whole event - I think it's a great idea.

We spent some time in the backyard in the afternoon, picked up groceries, nothing too exciting. In the evening, Emily came and joined us for dinner and a movie. It was really, really nice. In all the chaos and insanity of the last couple of (incredibly happy) weeks, I missed NORMAL.

I'm planning to do my very, very best to manage my schedule and try to get myself healthy again this week. It's too important not to.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home