Sunday, June 10, 2007

Small Town

Sometimes, I think it's pretty cool that I grew up in a small town. It's nice to know everyone - and it's fun to know everyone's business. It creates this incredible feeling of community.

But there's a downside, as we've all experienced again this weekend. When there's a tragedy in that small community, everyone hurts. These aren't random people whose lives have been forever changed, they are random people who you know - some of them very well. And that compounded hurting of all those people (plus your own feelings about it all) makes my soul ache.

Our little high school was too small to be losing people like we have this year. My prayers are with you.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At June 11, 2007 8:36 AM, Blogger Erin said...

It's been a hard couple months. I haven't absorbed the reality yet, but my heart aches. What senseless tragedy and such a wake of pain. I can't even begin to imagine what those closest to him are going through right now.

 
At June 12, 2007 10:07 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

Thanks Lindsay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home